By Jillian Broaddus and Chuck Cusumano
Welcome to 2024!
The start of any new year is a time for reflection, resetting, and goal-setting.
However, to kick off your next 366 days (minus a few now), we wanted to share a timeless viewpoint we recently stumbled upon: The Charles Schulz Philosophy.
It goes like this…:
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America pageant.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade’s worth of World Series winners.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers; they are the best in their fields. But the applause dies, awards tarnish, achievements are forgotten, and accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special!!
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They simply are the ones who care the most and are there for you.
We hope you take this lesson about what’s important into the new year, as you set your priorities and intentions for the next 12 months.
If we can help you in setting, planning, or accomplishing your goals, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.